On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 11:54:12AM +0300, Antti Harri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't followed this thread but this sounds like
> similar to the problem I had with USB printers.
> I had several and turning them randomly on made them have
> different ulptX device. I made a script for hotplug
> that creates symlink that points to the right
> device node. So, if you modify my script and
> use disklabel and labels beforehand, maybe it will
> help you.
>
> See for more details:
> http://users.openbsd.fi/iku/opensource/hotplug-1.1.tar.gz
>
> Sorry if I interpreted your message incorrectly and
> this isn't what you're looking for.

Thanks for that. It, if anything, proves an idea of mine that i've yet to
implement. It's an idea which I took from the "udev" filesystem on
linux. I intended on using amd(8) and hotplug (making the symlinks) to
attach usb disks/etc to the correct mountpoint.

With that and some magic for wireless networks (under design), I planned
to make all of the automagicall configured stuff possible for laptops.

When I finally get around to scripting this I'll post it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> --
> Antti Harri

-0-

tried it.