On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> I still stand by my original statement. Running application 'domains' in
> VMs instead of on a single server increases security.

It no worse security-wise to run applications on VMs rather than on the
one OS, but that isn't the only choice - is it?

You obviously didn't read Tavis' virtualisation security paper. VM escape
vulnerabilites are not theoretical. Tavis found vulnerabilities in every
VM he tested using only a couple of fuzzers.

Please stop pretending that virtualisation is about security, it isn't.
The benefits are cost savings and decoupling applications from hardware.

-d