On 10/25/07, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to run 5 QEMU guests simultanously but when trying to start
> the 5th I'll get the following error message:
>
> warning: could not open /dev/tun7 (No such file or directory): no
> virtual network emulation
> Could not initialize device 'tap'
>
> I have no idea why it looks for /dev/tun7 but after that I cd'ed to /dev
> and issued the command "./MAKEDEV tun4" but now I get the following
> message when starting qemu:

<snip>

Maybe you'll have to compile a new kernel. There's an options(4) option
called tun. I had to add something like

pseudo-device   tun   16

on a kernel config file once. If I remember correctly, the default is the kernel
to allocate 4 tun channels. That would explain why it's failing in the 5th QEMU
guest.

Don't forget that customized kernels aren't "supported".