Peter Fraser wrote:

I use clamav on my mail server. The version of clamav on 4.1
was obsolete for a while, long enough that it was hard to
get updates on the virus signatures. I was going to put
up 4.2 expecting to get an updated version of clamav, but
I discovered that 4.2 still uses 0.90.3. The virus signatures
providers are expecting 0.91.2.

Is there a newer version coming, or is there a better virus
scanner to use?

In the -current tree, which is were all ports development is done,
we have version 0.91.2.  Ports in the releases rarely, if ever,
get updated.

So you might want to run snapshots on your mail server.

and, ports specific questions should actually go to ports@, not misc@

- Marc Balmer