>FROM Peter Fraser
>
>I use clamav on my mail server. The version of clamav on 4.1
>was obsolete for a while, long enough that it was hard to
>get updates on the virus signatures. I was going to put
>up 4.2 expecting to get an updated version of clamav, but
>I discovered that 4.2 still uses 0.90.3. The virus signatures
>providers are expecting 0.91.2.
>
>Is there a newer version coming, or is there a better virus
>scanner to use?

As long as you are tracking stable, you should be able to
go to the stable packages page and download the latest
package (a pkg for clamav_0.91.2 is there):

http://www.openbsd.org/pkg-stable.html

(make sure to look at the page and verify that you are
downloading the package for the right OpenBSD version)

I am also using clamav on a mail server running OpenBSD 4.1
and tracking stable and this works out pretty good for me.

Note-
Sometimes it takes a while for the package to get updated
to the newest version but it gets there eventually.  I can only
assume that whoever maintains this is busy doing other very
important things so I don't think that complaining about it
is the right thing to do.  In fact, I have to thank them for
all the hard work they do on my behalf.

I am still learning and would probably be more of a hindrance
than a help, but if the maintainers of this port need a hand
I would be more than happy to help out with what I can.  Just
toss me an email.