Hi,
sorry for the very late reply, but my obsd.misc mail folder has grown to
3000 mails during the last couple weeks while I was busy moving.

Anyway, I'm as the original author of said page can confirm (sadly) that
you might run into a (known!?) cdboot bug. For some reason cdboot can't
boot a DVD exceeding a certain size and or containing more than a
certain amount of files.

There is a rather ugly, but at least working way around.
Josh Grosse found it while building his live CDs, which can be found
here, btw.:
http://jggimi.homeip.net/livecd/faq.html

The problem arouse with the KDE ones, the "solution" is to pack
/usr/local into its own .iso (or perhaps a vnc mounted image would work
as well) and mount it during startup.

I did not build a LiveCD for a long time myself, but I hope too have
"free time" coming up and will then update the instructions where
necessary.

Regards,
ahb