From: Peter N. M. Hansteen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Oh, so they found your domain, then.  It may be a bit overwhelming
right now, but not to worry, spamd is your friend.
.....the bounces to go away, give it a week before you put any given
address into the greytrap.

No this is not new and yes I have domains from all the way
back to NSF days...., what was curious is that it is no longer dictionary spamming, it is just backscatter from only 3 emails on the domain used over and over and its taking about 6-24KB on three each secondary MX servers to REJECT legit servers, after spamd w/ grey on. Yea, I can live with it, but it is not a one week thing, its been several weeks and the
pattern was different.  Almost all the servers are legitimate
and yes they should not DAEMON reply to the fake FROM,
but they are... IN a real world I can not blacklist earthlink, att, aol,
yahoo rr.com and so on. So as I understand spamd, I have to either for filtering by the FROM, I have to DISCARD or REJECT at the sendmail level, not firewall to spamd grey :(

I have other mail servers that are not an MX for webengr.com
and I can use sendmail rules and maybe relaydb or some after
the firewall method to capture the IP of the mail relay...,
but I"d rather have spamd capture the IP trapping with ghe FROM,
spamd is more efficient.

So this thread could be more a discussion on features of spamd and grey.

Do others think it would be feasible and a good feature if spamd could trap by the "From" in addition to trapping by the "To" ???
?