Paul Pruett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> but they are... IN a real world I can not blacklist earthlink, att, aol,
> yahoo rr.com and so on.  So as I understand spamd, I have to either
> for filtering by the FROM, I have to DISCARD or REJECT at the sendmail
> level, not firewall to spamd grey :(

Well, if there are hosts or entire networks you can't risk subjecting
to what spamd does, you can whitelist them.  The combination of spamd
and your pf rule set offers several ways to do that.

> So this thread could be more a discussion on features of spamd and grey.
>
> Do others think it would be feasible and a good feature if spamd could
> trap by the "From" in addition to trapping by the "To" ???

>From discussions here not all that long ago, I think the answer would
be that sure, you could build a tool to do just that, but spamd is
likely to stay rougly as simple as it is today.

That is, unless you are able to convince the spamd developers
otherwise.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/