On 08/11/2007, Martin Schrvder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2007/11/8, Don Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > It is not at all clear to me that the existance of a Xen port of
> > OpenBSD would detract from the security or performance of the non-Xen
> > ports of OpenBSD.
>
> Since you believe to know more about security then Theo, why don't you
> fork your own XenBSD? Shut up and code. :-p
>
> Best
>    Martin

When did Theo claim that the mere existance of a Xen port of OpenBSD
would detract from the security or performance of regular (non-Xen)
OpenBSD?

I don't remember Theo saying that at all, and I've just re-read Theo's
posts to the thread and I could not find anything along the lines of
what you seem to imply he said.

What Theo did say about virtualization was:

> If people were saying:
>
>        "Yes, it increased hardware utilization, and the nasty
>        security impact might be low"
>
> it would be fine.
>
> But instead we have many uneducated people saying:
>
>       "Yes, it increased hardware utilization, and it improved security
too".

> And that's complete and utter bullshit.

Don's email made a very specific point which did not contradict Theo
in any way.
I think you're implying something about Theo's opinion that he in fact
never said.

Thanks and regards,
--ropers