* Rolf Sommerhalder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-25 18:44]:
> On Nov 25, 2007 5:22 PM, David Higgs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Is this possibly the same memory leak mentioned below?
> >
> > http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119572453509542&w=2
>
> Thanks David for this pointer. It may very well be the same issue.
> Even though the two bridged interfaces are em(4) (1 Gb/s), the
> Out-of-Band Management (OOBM) interface is fxp(4) that carries two
> VLANs, one for pfsync(4), and one for command&control/monitoring.

the leak had nothing to do with fxp.
it's simply a generic memory leak in a state insertion error path that
single firewalls tend to trigger seldom if at all, but pfsync
regularily hits.

> Still, I will given Henning's patch a try, while waiting for results
> of the instrumentation with 'vmstat -m', as suggested by the previous
> responder.

if you're running pfsync i make bets it is that.
if you look at vmstat -m and pfstatekeypl has more objects in use than
pfstatepl you know it is that.

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de