Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2007/11/26 18:21, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
One more question for you if I may.

As far as you know, does this difference interrupt processing is also use for UBS devices as well by any chance?

yes, and everything else that uses interrupts.
(/sys/arch/i386/config/GENERIC.MP uses ioapic, .../GENERIC does not).

save dmesg from the various different kernels and use diff to see what
changes between them.

I didn't see in your posts to this thread whether you've compared
with/without acpi? (recent snapshots should enable acpi automatically
if you have >1 cpu/core and you'll see several acpi* devices show up).

Both had acpi enable, but also just a few days ago Theo disable ACPI on i386 for a bug that Miod needs to fix, if I remember the right name.

I sure can test it again for the i386, but I did that many times over and no problem.

Only problem with the amd64.mp.

I will however for the sake of completeness load the latest on i386 as I run the one for November 15, enable acpi, compare the dmesg and send it in. I did that for myself however and I do see a bunch of numbers in the amd64 one that I have no clue as to what they mean however, but that's new, however the bug is not, so I kind of look over that as being new stuff that will come in one day and left it to that.

Give me about 5 or may be 10 minutes and I will send the diff between the i386.mp and amd64.mp

Most likely they will not be the exact same date however as the amd is always behind, but still I will do it.