With all due respect to all contributors on the
internet.

It seems lot of BSD/unix notes and other documentation
is scattered all over the internet in hapzard way.
which newcomers find thru google(1) and then try to
use it. Most of the time "date and version etc." is
not mentioned in the document or the URL - which makes
it difficult to realize (to a newcomer) whether the
info is still applicable/valid? and should be used?

I guess all such contributors need to mention the
date_of_publication and software_version_used on the
top of their submission. we need to learn from
newspaper websites who 'arrange' their stories
tell the date of the story!

just making it a habit to add the "date and version"
on top will make it easy to 'index the web', and will
help the newcomer to understand and decide...

I am sending it here as this can only be straightened
out by some well known developers in the
unix/linux/bsd community.

thanks again to all the techis who have ever posted
'how-2s' on the internet!

-BG

(1)in that sense googles' text search engine is also
not doing a proper job. so it leaves some room...

~~Kalyan-mastu~~

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2000-08/msg00053.html

> Yes. But it's up to you - to leave yourself in 2000.
>
> - Alexey.

(sorry changed the tag line)...

~~Kalyan-mastu~~