--- Anders Langworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert Gilaard wrote:
> > Dear OpenBSD people,
> >
> > I'm a newbie on OpenBSD and have never asked help
> on
> > this mailinglist.

> > What I'm expecting is that I haven't installed all
> of
> > asterisk. Can't seem to find the sounds directory
> > anywhere. Is it that my installation is not
> complete?
> > I've installed it from the package provided
> OpenBSD
> > 4.2 and I just did a pkg_add asterisk.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advanced.
>
> There is also a package asterisk-sounds.  This
> contains all of the extra sound
> files etc.  Install this with pkg_add this as well.
>
> I've run Asterisk 1.2.22 (using SIP) on OpenBSD 4.2
> without any trouble.
> Install the above, then try to simplify your
> dialplan as much as possible (just
> one path with an Answer) and see what errors you
> get.

Ooh thanks for that tip. I didn't notice those extra
files on the ftp server I'm using,
ftp://ftp.calyx.nl/pub/OpenBSD/4.2/packages/i386/

However, trying to do a pkg_add asterisk-sounds and a
pkg_add asterisk-native-sounds-1.2p0 both give the
following results:

stat() on closed filehandle $out at
/usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/Ustar.pm line 550.
syswrite() on closed filehandle $out at
/usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/Ustar.pm line 588.
asterisk-native-sounds-1.2p0:
completerisk/sounds/agent-alreadyon.ulaw: Bad file
descriptor
can't open
/usr/local/share/asterisk/sounds/agent-alreadyon.ulaw:
No such file or directory at
/usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/md5.pm line 27.

What is wrong here?

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/