Thanks for all the replies. In the end this document made great reading.

http://www2.papamike.ca:8082/tutorials/pub/sendmail-m4.html

On 27 Nov 2007, at 08:54, Khalid Schofield wrote:

Hi,
I'm configuring sendmail on openbsd 4.2. Trying to get sendmail to send all mail via my smart host. What do I edit since there is no / etc/mail/sendmail.mc and in /usr/share/sendmail/cf there are lots of configs.

The docs look pretty major reading so I thought I'd just ask people that have done this before.

So I'm trying to send all outgoing mail via my smart host on my network and not set this up as a smart host.

thanks

khalid