From memory after you install the postfix package, it tells you what to do to run postfix instead of sendmail.

Sendmail binarys will still exist, but only postfix will be used, even for when a sendmail command is issued, due to mailer.conf I think it is.

Juan Miscaro wrote:
Hi, I would like to do away with sendmail as much as possible.  I
prefer postfix.  Now I know that the sendmail binary is entwined with
the system's internals but is there any way to completely get rid of
it?  I see that some people remove the binary and turn it off in
rc.conf.  Am I making any sense?  Should I do anything special to
sendmail when I install postfix?  And what of the postfix-enable
command?  Is this good enough?

// juan

      Looking for a X-Mas gift?  Everybody needs a Flickr Pro Account.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/