On Nov 30, 2007 8:30 AM, Juan Miscaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I would like to do away with sendmail as much as possible.  I
> prefer postfix.  Now I know that the sendmail binary is entwined with
> the system's internals but is there any way to completely get rid of
> it?  I see that some people remove the binary and turn it off in
> rc.conf.  Am I making any sense?  Should I do anything special to
> sendmail when I install postfix?  And what of the postfix-enable
> command?  Is this good enough?
[...]

Please note that postfix does not undergo the rigorous code scrub that
sendmail goes through. Hence, if you are on a production machine, I'd
suggest you to use sendmail, and not postfix.

Postfix used to be my favorite too, but since the day I know how to
configure and use sendmail, I feel it is the best MTA I've ever used.
YMMV.

-Amarendra