On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Andris wrote:

> I was reading about Hiawatha security features, and seems like a
> perfect fit for OpenBSD goals. I'd volunteer to talk to Hugo Leisink
> (the developer) and see if the code could be relicensed if the project
> has interest in it. IMHO, replacing forked software with actively
> developed one is a good idea.

Firstly, forked software isn't necessarily undesirable so long as the
people maintaining it are motivated and clueful (in this case, they are).

Secondly, I don't think anyone in OpenBSD would display as much hubris
as this claim on the Hiawatha home page: "Hiawatha's source code is
free of security-bugs".

-d