Frank Habicht wrote:

[i guess misc is better than ports for that..]

I ran the patched httpdv6 with the stock httpd.conf
-> it was only bound to v6

README.v6 suggests _for_Vhost_operation_ one needs
Listen :: 80
Listen 0.0.0.0 80

my test suggests even without vhosts these are needed to run both v4 and v6.

can anyone confirm?
( if so i'd send diff for README.v6 - anything else? )

httpd with IPv6 support uses IPv6 addresses for ambigious constructs.
That is documented in the httpd(8) manpage.  The behaviour can be
changed on the command line using the '-4' option (or '-6').

To have your webserver listen on say ports 80 and 443 (assuming you
want to use https as well) of all interfaces, you need in your
httpd.conf file the following lines:

Listen 0.0.0.0 80
Listen 0.0.0.0 443
Listen :: 80
Listen :: 443

This is also needed for the main server configuration.

Don't send me a diff for README.v6, I am already working on clarifying a
few bits in it.

system is current (1day old), httpd.conf.orig from
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/src/usr.sbin/httpd/conf/httpd.conf?rev=1.21&content-type=text/plain

Thanks,
Frank

PS: if someone can tell me how to replace the 'lsof' - will be appreciated ;-)

you can use 'netstat -an' to display listening ports.

[...]