I believe the religious nut is talking about software in ports/packages. He
seems to see unfree software as something morally wrong, and as a result,
won't recommend any distribution that lets it's users even INSTALL non-free
software. Same reason he doesn't like Debian, even though they're one of the
few distributions to play along with his whole GNU/Linux thing. There's no
binary blobs or "unfree" software in base, but things such as Opera, ADOM et
al are in ports.