On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 11:57:53PM -0600, Travers Buda wrote:
> Yes this is quite silly.  Stallman insists on "free" software, and
> distributions are only acceptable if they shove that software down
> the users throats in the stead of something else, thus restricting
> the users freedom.

illegal logical conclusion: core dumped

Users can always install whatever they can, if it is compatible at all,
but a most extremely honourable distribution of software won't teach
users that non-free is ok by giving an example: not distributing it.

If they want to, it's only their choice.

Where is freedom restricted here?

> Besides, nobody is forcing you to install any of the ports.

Neither to use a 100% free software distribution, it's your prorrogative
to chose a slaver.

> Forced freedom, that's just a blatent contradiction.

Of course, logic teaches one thing... that from the absurd you can
deduce anything...

      A   ^  !A
    -------------
         ABS

> Have I summised it well?  Can we let this one go now?

Nopes, you didn't. Yes, you in particular should let it go now.

> always going to be someone respected taking shots at you.  Talking
> about it gets noting accomplished.

Neither does bullshitting about it.

Rui

--
Umlaut Zebra |ber alles!
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 52nd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?