On Dec 10, 2007, at 3:13 PM, Uwe Dippel wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:20:00 -0800, Matthew Dempsky wrote:

That being said, the OpenBSD developers have given their arguments why
they include firmware and non-free ports, and RMS has given his
arguments why he doesn't recommend systems that do.  I don't see this
thread leading to reconciliation of the two sides.

Thanks, Matthew, for some balances in this thread.
I don't see a need to reconcile the two sides. (It would be good if that
was possible, though.)

RMS wrote, why in his personal opinion, he does not recommend the use of
OpenBSD. And some p*** at him. What a shame ! 'Freedom' is not only
one's choice of software, but also one's choice of an own opinion.
It would serve this list and the people on it well, to allow RMS to voice
his own opinion. And, if in personal disagreement, argue. Like some
actually did in here.

Nobody is criticizing RMS over his opinion. They are criticizing him for ignorance and misrepresentation of the facts regarding OpenBSD.

---
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting
http://www.dixongroup.net