On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 01:07:17PM +0000, Jonathan Thornburg wrote:
> First, I'd like to thank those who provided useful responces to my
> query (which started this thread), both on- and off-list.  I had missed
> the announcement (http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=119347390302171&w=1)
> that -stable ports & packages are no longer maintained.

As I recall from the FAQ and installation manual, an overall
philosphy for OpenBSD is that the package system is the
recommended. Users are encouraged to install from binary
packages. And regular users should follow the stable
branch.

Does this still apply. It seems not from this thread, so
in what way should a regular user now follow the stable branch?

And yes, it should be in the FAQ.

Or is this just a temporary setback?