On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 05:59:21PM -0800, Jake Conk wrote:

> Anyways I don't want to get caught up in that but thanks for your help
> Gilbert, it solved my problem :) You wouldn't happen to know what is
> the equivalent to this for linux machines would you?

Here's my /etc/fstab entry from my Debian Etch system with /tmp on
tmpfs.  Note that swap is encrypted so this in effects encrypts /tmp
should it get swapped to disk.  The /dev/mapper/... entries are because
this box uses LVM (Logical Volume Management) on top of md (Linux
software raid), raid1 in this case.

#
proc                          /proc   proc  defaults                       0 0
/dev/mapper/mirror-root       /       ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro     0 1
/dev/md0                      /boot   ext3  defaults                       0 2
/dev/mapper/cat-home          /home   ext3  defaults                       0 2
/dev/mapper/mirror-srv        /srv    ext3  defaults                       0 2
/dev/mapper/mirror-usr        /usr    ext3  defaults,noatime               0 2
/dev/mapper/mirror-var        /var    ext3  defaults                       0 2
/dev/mapper/cat-vartmp        /var/tmp ext2 defaults                       0 2
/dev/mapper/mirror-swap_crypt none    swap  sw                             0 0
/dev/hde        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto                    0 0
tmpfs                         /tmp    tmpfs size=2G                        0 0
/dev/sdc1               /media/sdc1   auto  defaults,noatime,users         0 0

Doug.