On 15/12/2007, Douglas A. Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> By the time the US gets to Mars, we'll have quantum communication:
> instantaneous across the universe.

Did you read "On Bullshit", then? ;-) Or what do you know that we don't?

> I can't see anyone other than the US going to Mars.

Sure, because the US space program has been such an unmitigated success lately.
;o) In your face, Seppo^W--no, wait, you're a... Canuck rooting for
the Septics? Strange. But anyway -- in your face:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Express ;-P

One or two years and the ESA launch fleet will be complete, including,
I may add, a man safe launcher with an excellent 40 year safety
record:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Space_Agency#Launch_vehicle_fleet

> Nanu, Nanu.
NANU, well, who knows, maybe them as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NANU
The debt-ridden US might well be beat by the Ukraine. They (still)
have the (proven Soviet) technology. ;-)

</trolling>