On Saturday 15 December 2007 23:50:38 Mattieu Baptiste wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 11:46 PM, Firas Kraiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > So what ? Are you telling me that, just because there is one thing
> > about which Richard disagrees with OpenBSD, he shouldn't have the
> > right to also tell the good he thinks about it ? Or the other way
> > around, because OpenBSD makes efforts regarding freedom, he should
> > not have the right to express his points of disagreement ?
>
> No. I'm telling his points of disagreement are unfounded.

He doesn't like the fact that OpenBSD provides a convenient way for
users to install non-free software. You can disagree with him, as I do,
but you can't honestly say those claims are unfounded !

Of course, what he said in that interview, (something like "the ports
tree contains non-free software") was evidently wrong, or at least very
clumsily put, but I think that the fact that Richard came here to
explain more in detail what he meant when he said that is a way to
admit his mistake, or at least that's how I see it.

Sadly, the harm is done and some people who blindly believe everything
Richard says - and I'm pretty sure he himself sees that as a bad
thing - might have been led to believe that OpenBSD actually contains
non-free software. But it's no use crying over spilled milk, and if
Theo said that OpenBSD people have a "giving nature", I also happen to
have a forgiving one.

Firas

GnuPG public key: http://itsuki.fkraiem.org/gpgkey