> > I don't hate RMS or GNU or GPL etc.  I find them silly at best but that
> > is besides the point.  Point is that someone comes and pisses in my
> > sandbox.  I piss and poop back.  Especially if that someone shows up
> > playing moral high ground while being a complete and total hypocrite.
> >
> Is there some scatalogical affliction here? Is it possible to discuss
> anything on the OpenBSD
> list without piss, poop, and insults?

Too late for that.

> I have been on the OpenBSD list for some time. Every time the
> Linux Kernel crowd pisses on OpenBSD, OpenBSD hunts RMS down and demands
> that he compell the LKML'ers to follow OpenBSD edicts.
>
> OpenBSD invited RMS into its tent.
> Further, he did not piss in your sandbox, OpenBSD took insult where
> there was none,
> and then got more upset when he bothered to say so.

Every time RMS has been asked to come into the tent is when there has
been a license violation.  His standard reply is "no comment".  This
only reaffirms his lack of respect for other projects and underscores
his hypocrisy.  He has been invited as a courtesy yet he never took the
reaching hand because it didn't fit his agenda.

> If you think you have the moral high ground then argue that.
> There are several very easy ways for OpenBSD to "take the moral high ground"
> It is easy "our values and principles do not permit us to meet the
> criteria RMS uses
> for his recommendation". The problems with that are:
> you have to accept that your commitment to your particular definition of
> freedom is
> a higher value than your opposition to non-free software.
> It also means RMS's remarks are true.

Again you are trying to switch the conversation but I'll bite.

I do NOT claim to have the moral high ground; RMS does.  OpenBSD does
not need to claim moral high ground by paying lip service; we write code
that is made available to all to do whatever they please.  No morality,
no ethics, no double speak.  Pure and simple.  It is when we get accused
of $lie by someone who does claim morality and ethics that we speak out.

RMS freedom == slavery.  Why would I want to have any part of that?

You are a fan of his drivel?  Good for you!  Stop shoving it down my
throat.