Hi.

I address this issue on this list, because a lot of people here are very
skillfull C programmers.

When looking at some of the different "reasons for security problems" such
as:
http://www.dwheeler.com/secure-programs/Secure-Programs-HOWTO/

I can't help wonder, why so much software are being developed using C.

To conclude my study I appreciate any help on the following questions:

1. If security is a major concern, or perhaps The Main Concern, why not use
Ada? I specifically mention Ada since one of the most security demanding
industries are building aircrafts and they use Ada.

2. Rather than auditing a lot of code, correcting a lot of coding mistakes,
like the OpenBSD security team has done, and still do, why not shift from C
to something, just as fast and powerfull as C, but more secure? Again like
Ada. (to completely avoid the possibilities of those errors).

3. Are there any real benefits in using C++ over C regarding security? Are
C++ really "better" from a security perspective?

4. Has anyone from the OpenBSD team written any guidelines in "secure
programming"? (I haven't been able to locate anything except some interviews
and stuff).

Thanks.

Brad.