Hi,

I posted a question earlier, but I guess I was not clear.

I have a firewall running OpenBSD 4.2 and SPAMD to block spams.
I would like to know how many legitimate email messages SPAMD
is letting in. The default spamd setup that comes in pf.conf is

no rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from <spamd-white> to any port smtp
rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port smtp \
       -> 127.0.0.1 port spamd

So I thought of using 'pfctl -vsn'. In the output of this command,
one of the values is the accumulated number of evaluations of
each rule. So my question is can I assume the number of
evaluations of the rule
'no rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from <spamd-white> ...'

is also a good measure for the number of SMTP connections that
were forwarded to the MTA(s)?

If not, is there another way to extract this number without
querying the MTA?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jeff