On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Jon Radel wrote:

> Rico Secada wrote:
> > Again lets ask Boing.
> >

> I'm fully aware that spelling flames are terribly tasteless, but the
> image of planes loaded with Ada code going boing, boing, boing down the
> runway just won't leave my mind.
>
> It's Boeing.

Ada was just coming onto the scene when I quit that sort of work many
years ago, but we were considering it for some projects.

Ada seemed to me like an excuse to include management in the development
process and double the programming staff for the same project. Never could
do anything for simplification or good coding. In addition, VERY few
outside the defense industry have ever played with it (much less been
productive and written good code), so that 'market' of experienced
programmers is WAY too small to be useful for an international development
environment.

        Happy Holidays to all!

        Lee