At 09:50 AM 12/27/2007 -0800, you wrote:
 > The issue would be reverse DNS - no way I know of to provide RDNS for the
> same hostname on two different IPs (IF you could get the provide to do RDNS
 > at all!). It would be required for a mail server; it would also farkle a
 > web server for any s/w that is doing a RDNS check for security; certainly
 > no way to use an SSL cert.

Eh?   I don't understand what you are trying to say.

$ORIGIN example.com.

foo     A       192.168.0.1
        A       192.168.0.2

That takes care of forward DNS

$ORIGIN 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa.

1       PTR     foo.example.com.
2       PTR     foo.example.com.

That takes care of reverse DNS.

1) You don't have access to RDNS at almost all DSL home providers.
2) A 192.168 record cannot validate a server to a remote user, so you can't do the PTRs on your servers. 3) Having TWO reverse DNS records for a mail server is going to choke when you get the connection from one IP and the reverse uses the other connection, so that DNW either.

What's the issue?

If you're running a home service, OR 'outbound only', you're OK, but it doesn't work for any inbound services without bonding/bgp, as already mentioned.

        Lee