--- Karthik Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2008 1:06 AM, Reid Nichol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- Karthik Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Use of non-free software is highly harmful to your
> > > computer and ethics.
> >
> > Please cite a piece of software that can harm my computer merely
> > because it is "non-free" in the FSF/GNU sense.  And you should
> probably
> > qualify that ethics remark with: Should you be an extremist of
> sorts...
> >

> How about nvidia proprietary drivers on OpenBSD?

Unless I'm mistaken, these don't exist.  Of course, if I'm wrong,
you'll be able to provide documentation that they do.  I won't hold my
breath though.

> Should you be an extremist of sorts, you should put it in the ports
> tree and call it "free".

I'm certain that there was some inner dialogue going on while you wrote
this that you're not letting me in on.  Because, I have no idea what
you're talking about here.

> > > On a more serious note: everybody who criticizes the other of
> > > non-free software must come clean first: No clean, no talk.
> >
> > Sophistry.  If there is problems in logic, etc then one need not be
> of
> > a certain type (with respect to what you're saying) to realize that
> nor
> > point it out.  To say so is asinine (above as well).
> >

> No, it isn't. If you're simply preaching to the world that you're
> free, it only makes you political. And that includes you, OpenBSD.

Well OpenBSD is fine here.  But, are you sure about RMS?  Because he
has been contradicting himself all over the place in this thread alone.
 Not to mention his actions, both past and present everywhere.  But, in
his mind (and I imagine yours) it's probably easy to not see this when
what you believe/preach changes from second to second to avoid any
criticism that comes "your" way.

But, I'll also mention that you didn't actually comment on what I
wrote.  You commented on something you made up.  Please read what I
wrote and comment on that should you reply again.

best regards,
Reid Nichol

President Bush says:

War Is Peace