Florian Fuessl wrote:
I'm running spamd-setup via regular cronjob every 20 minutes. Sometimes the
spamd-setup process seems to hang and does not finish within this period,
although all black- and whitelists are local files.

Is there a way define timeouts for tasks of spamd-setup? What solution is
recommended for this case? Killing the running spamd-setup task(s) before
starting a new one?

My spamd-setup always takes 20-30 minutes on two servers (4.1 and 4.2). This is not normal? When I run it manually; most of the time is spent downloading traplist.gz

This morning, I changed the crontab "time /usr/libexec/spamd-setup -d"

4.1 runtimes (minutes): 39, 10, 27, 32
4.2 runtimes (minutes): 23, 29, 22, 22

blacklist myblack 29 entries
whitelist mywhite 107 entries
Getting http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/traplist.gz
blacklist uatraps 61229 entries
Getting http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/nixspam.gz
blacklist nixspam 40000 entries
Getting http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/chinacidr.txt.gz
blacklist china 431 entries
Getting http://www.openbsd.org/spamd/koreacidr.txt.gz
blacklist korea 270 entries
   22m10.16s real     0m1.66s user     0m0.37s system