On 2008/01/06 17:50, Brian wrote:
> --- Leonardo Rodrigues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Maybe those watchdog timeouts have nothing to do with bittorrent, and
> > are probably more related to nic problems. Have you tried running your
> > torrent client with a different network card?
>
> I have run into the same issue with my onboard nic card, which doesn't work as
> well as my sk nic.  I'm not sure how to debug the issue.

Sounds like it may be missing interrupts. I would start by using
ACPI ("boot -c" at the boot loader prompt, then at UKC "disable apm"
and "enable acpi").

Where's the dmesg?

> I just started using pf, so my original question still stands.  Is there a
> preferred rule set for pf when using BitTorrent?

Let traffic out, let new incoming connections through to the port/s
you configured your bittorrent software to use. This is unrelated to
the watchdog timeouts.