On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 12:53:38PM -0600, Max Hayden Chiz wrote:
> Because several people have asked,  my Internet connection is a
> business class cable connection with guaranteed 512Kbps up and 7Mbps
> down.  I do get those speeds and can sustain them essentially
> indefinitely.
>
> On Jan 12, 2008 9:01 PM, Max Hayden Chiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > altq on $ext_if priq bandwidth 512Kb queue{ack, main, others, bt}

On my home assymetric connection I noticed that I had to adjust the
bandwidth down just a little before the ackpriq method worked well. Yes,
I measured upload speed and tried *that* number, but I still had to set
it a bit lower. This is purely anecdotal, and I didn't do in-depth
measurements. However, it's easy to try. :)

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/