On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 12:23:19PM +0100, Henning Brauer wrote:
| > IMHO every embedded device should have console speed synced between
| > bios and the kernel. These options are very helpful.

I completely agree with the first part here. BIOS, kernel and console
speed should be the same across the board.

| > # WRAP console settings
| > option         PCCOMCONSOLE
| > option         CONSPEED=38400
|
| oh, of ocurse, that is soooo much easier and straightforward than
|
| stty com0 38400
| set tty com0
|
| in /etc/boot.conf

Don't forget to change the speed on the getty running on the serial
port in /etc/ttys (see ttys(5) for more info). But yeah, like Henning
said .. absolutely no need to build a new kernel.

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/