On 30/01/2008, Stuart VanZee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have an upcoming project where I need to be able to automate the upload
> and
> download of files to/from an HTTPS server (not owned by me).  The server
> says
> it requires 128 bit encryption.  I would like to be able to do this using
> python because it is the language that I know the best and it is available
> on
> the OpenBSD box that I would like to do this all from.  (please note I am
> not
> a real great programmer, but I get by).
>
> I have done some research and found py-OpenSSL in ports, and on another
> project have used ClientForm for python although I haven't figured out how
> get them to work together.
>
> Am I going in the right direction?  Is what I need to do even possible?

You should be able to do this with the stock Python port and this:
http://odin.himinbi.org/MultipartPostHandler.py

Stock urllib2 can handle all the HTTPS work, cookielib any cookie needs, and
MultipartPostHandler will take care of building out the proper multipart
form with file data.

-Paul

--
// Paul M. Hirsch          //