On Wednesday 30 January 2008 13:35:59 Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an unusual situation and problem at which I've been chipping
> away.  The resultant system will need to run OpenBSD so I'm asking here
> for the accumulated wisdom.  The base technology predates my IT
> experience.
>
> My wife is sensitive to what she describes as electromagnetic fields.
> She gets headaches and other pains when exposed to equipment: the higher
> the frequency, the worse her symptoms.  For example, a VT is better than
[snip]

Doug, I think you need to look at things another way.  I'm only a little
skeptical of your wife's problems with emf, as I know someone who is
very reasonable who has made the same complaints.

Make faraday shields for the systems.  The systems themselves can be
shielded very well, and you can use copper foil for cables.  CRTs can have
copper shielding as well.

I'll bet you can diminish the RF fields by 50dB for the box(s) and at20dB+
for the CRTs / LCDs.    LCDs are likely better in this regard.   Googling for
TEMPEST might reveal some of the methods it uses.

--STeve Andre'