very soon i am getting some static ips for my cable home connections,
currently i have 1 dynamic ip.

Im using pf to block ssh brute force attempts and its working
splendedly. however now i have this pf table full of ips and nice logs
indicating hack attempts via ssh not to mention other services they
are trying to breach. since i have all these nice logs and data, what
can i do about it, other than blocking it. my main concern is that of
someone DoSing my connection which will only be 2up and wont support
any sort of a planned DoS will lag and congest with to much "evil"
traffic.

i have "some" experiance with abuse departments i know the usual first
step is to report to a provider however i also know many providers are
unresponsive, so what can i do beyond that?

any opinions welcome, thank you
--
-Lawrence