i currently have 512Kb up  6megs down with one dymanic ip
im getting
2megs up 15 megs down with a block of 8 static ips
im am doing this so i have mobile access to my lab, i work on windows
systems all day but i use unix tools most offten to troubleshoot,
other thing is im gonna run some backups from my colo down to my
house, and some back up servers at my house as well

my question was not so much what can i do to mitigate the attack when
its happening, its more what can i do after someone attacks to "stick
it to them"

i know with a DDoS im pretty much sol, but with a single origination
point DoS(i dont just mean bandwidth based DoS i mean any DoS, be that
clogging my firewall or clogging my server or what ever) i should be
able to identify a offending ip and have logs to back it up, such as
an ssh attack is usuaully(not always) from a single zombie node or
script kiddy, i would see logs indicating such, so now i have an ip
and logs, what can i do with them, who can i report them to other than
the provider?

--
-Lawrence
-Student ID 1028219