On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 09:45:34AM -0800, Unix Fan wrote:
> Marco Peereboom wrote:
> > This report is useless. Where are all the logs?
>
> What logs? The only error message produced is in my initial email... all
> other applications I use are working..
>
> Did you mean a dmesg? What will that accomplish?

maybe it's only a problem on i386, or amd64, or macppc, or ...

> I haven't updated my kernel since applying the Xenocara patches.. and it
> worked previously.
>
> Jacob Meuser wrote:
> > try kaffeine or ogle for DVDs as well.
>
> I don't want to install additional bloat software... but thank you.
>

> > or change the video output module in vlc.
>
> Why? It assume it's using XVideo which worked fine before applying Errata #6.

you want something that works or you want to complain?

> > btw, you never said what arch this is on or what window manager you
> > are using ...
>
> I didn't feel they were relevant.. but I'm using fluxbox.. and i386... (On an
> Athlon XP box..)
>

> > and cross-posting to misc and ports is rather lame.
>
> How was it lame?

have you read the FAQ?

 Not everyone frequents both lists... perhaps someone else noticed the issue?..

> I can't be the only person on earth who watches movies...
>
> The released patches not being thoroughly tested is "lame" sir... ;)

hmm, something makes me think this type of attitude has something
to do with the disappearance of -stable ports ...

as you said, everything but watching dvds with vlc worked, for you
on your setup.  do you really expect every possible scenario with
every possible port combination to be tested?  would you rather not
have -stable patches?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]