> Actually, this is the part of the discussion that interests me.  Is
 > threading
 > a doomed hope on OpenBSD, a model of utilizing multiple cores which the
 > developers have zero interest supporting?  Has the work on libc_r and the
 > like
 > been abandoned completely?

libc_r is gone, replaced with libpthread

libpthread is changed to fix specific reported problems, most
recently (early Feb) a bug fix in dup2 by [EMAIL PROTECTED]

librthread seems to be stagnating, waiting upon kernel work that
no one is either interested in or, if interested, has the time
to do.  I'm not even sure there is consensus on what kernel
changes are needed.

For now libpthread (userland threads) are the most useful for most
threaded applications.  There are still bugs.   libpthread based
applications get no benefit from running on multi-core/processor
machines.

// marc