On 16:43:00 Feb 19, Daniel Andersson wrote:

> Could you please elaborate? The only thing that was working after
> the freeze was the routing. I guess I could try FreeBSD since they
> have pf too. iptables is driving me nuts.

Sorry I was out and just came back home.

I think my answer would be irrelevant now since many other people seem
to be facing problems. So there seems to be something wrong somewhere.

I did notice a freeze but I don't think it has anything to do with what
others are saying.

Almost in every case I thought it was due to the tracker being down or
some such bittorrent issue. Since p2p networks have so much churn I am
always wary of concluding anything based on this.

Beyond this I have nothing more to add to this. As to iptables and pf, I
honestly think comparing the two would be like comparing darkness to
light. ;)

On a different note, I  have seen my OpenBSD box freeze badly whenever I
access my Sony SATA DVD R/W drive. I never got time to diagnose the
exact cause. It is a serious issue and something needs to be done about
it soon. In fact I install using FTP or HTTP due to this hairy issue.

Other than that I have seen OpenBSD freeze with the ImageMagick convert(1)
program as well.

Here goes one more freeze.

I used to have trouble recording voice
with the new Intel HDA driver, but nowadays that problem does not seem
to be there.

It is a little unnerving to note that OpenBSD userland code sometimes
hangs the whole machine very much like Windoze but then...let us better
be open about it and do something.

I am quite well versed with OpenBSD's kernel code but I need experience
with driver development and fixing such "freezes". If someone can throw
some light on the debugging process I can definitely give it a shot.

Would I have to use a serial console and run the kernel with ddb(4) ?

Thanks.

Best,
Girish