I am going to spend some more time over this weekend on setting up my OBSD
desktop. Any comments regarding my post below are welcome. Thank you!

Arthur
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: arthur
  To: Openbsd Misc (E-mail)
  Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:38 AM
  Subject: Asian lang support with generic kernel

  Hi All,

  I am new to OBSD but I like its secure and simple. Thanks everyone to make
this happen!!

  I try to install obsd as my desktop workstation. I install from 4.2 release
and now the X/KDE is running. After install KED-I18N-cn pkg, now I can open
web pages in Chinese. I will deal with the fonts/inputmethod/tuneup later,
even I don't know how to do that yet, but I think those are doable (it is X
anyway).

  One problem I have is that I can't save local disk file with Chinese
filename. Does generic kernel support Asian language? If so, there is any
link/hint on how to config that. If not, is there anyway to patch it, and how.
Google gave me some pages on how to patch older version of OBSD to support
Asian language but I can't find any info regarding v4.2.

  Thank you.

  Arthur