Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:29:06 +0000
> Von: "elaconta.com Webmaster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> An: Stefan Kell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CC: misc@openbsd.org
> Betreff: Re: Web Traffic forwarding, PF and NC

> Stefan Kell wrote:
> > Hello,

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I've tried the following configuration but it yields no effect, i.e.
> >> when someone tries to view a web page from the outside the web page
> >> isn't served. Maybe something is wrong with the config:
> >>

> #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> >> ext_if="rl1"
> >>
> >> rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to 192.168.1.121 port 80 ->
> >> 192.168.1.126 port 80
> >>
> >> pass out on $ext_if inet all keep state
> >>
> >> pass in on $ext_if inet all keep state
> >>

> #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> > is the OpenBSD machine acting as a router? Or ist the webserver directly
> > connected to the cable modem? Then it cannot work as Stuart Henderson
> > has explained. My setup would use the machine as a router and different
> > subnets and also nat on the external interface.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Stefan Kell
> >

> The webserver (192.168.1.126) is directly connected to the cable modem,
> as is the 192.168.1.121 server.
> What service(s) would i need to run on 192.168.1.121 to make it useable
> as a gateway (router) to 192.168.1.126?
> Would just:
>
> # *sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=1*
>
> enable it as a router? I would also need some other service, right? Sorry
> for any noobness.

You need two network interfaces on your OpenBSD machine, different subnets
physically: one for cable modem and external interface on OpenBSD, one for your
internal network. sysctl is necessary as you have written and you need  a nat
rule in pf.conf. There are a lot of instructions flowing around in the internet
which show you how to do it.

Regards

Stefan Kell