Yeah, comparatively, OpenBSD's performance isn't so hot in that
benchmark.  But how many sites get even over 10,000 authoritative
queries per second?

Our network isn't huge (several million HTTP requests per day), but a
brief look at our logs shows we get on the order of 30 queries per
second across our two DNS servers.  From their numbers, our DNS
traffic could grow 1000 fold before that's the limiting factor.

I agree with yo. My company it's one of the bigger in hosting business in my country (Spain), we offer DNS free services and the RRDs monitor shows aprox. 80-120 queries per second in each of the three DNS servers.

Despite of that, the improvement of network stack in 4.2 version has been amazing.

--
Thanks,
Jordi Espasa Clofent