On 2008-02-28, Alexandre Epinat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have 3 vr interfaces. My throughputs on the vr interfaces are slow
> (400Kb/s to 600 Kb/s) although they are configured 100BaseTX Full Duplex..

There's room for improvement to vr(4) with the newer chips, but as it
is now, I can receive at 10.74 MB/s and transmit at 8.53 MB/s from MFS
on soekris 5501 to a local ftp server.

You should get much better than 400-600Kb/s.
What do ifconfig and netstat -in say on both machines?

> Besides that I also have a problem with the CF card on which the read and
> write speeds are so slow.... 11Mb/sec (20M on a Formilux machine )

It will probably help to use a 4.3-beta snapshot.

If someone wants to buy a CF and wants one which runs quickly in
True IDE mode, Sandisk seems to be the best option.