* Erich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-02-28 14:06]:
> do i have to restart bgpd in order to get "ipsec esp ike" for a
> session / nei working or is a reload and nei up/down enough?

config reload and clearing the affected neighbor session is enough. I
have done that in testing many times successfully.

> i got
>
> Oct 20 13:21:23 router-mt-1 isakmpd[13070]: dropped message from
> xx.xx.xx.xx port 500 due to notification type NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN
>
> and
>
> responder_recv_HASH_SA_NONCE: peer proposed invalid phase 2 IDs: initiator
> id 59caa34e: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, responder id 50be811a:  xx.xx.xxx.xxx
>
> isakmpd is running with -Ka like suggested in man bgpd.conf  and keys have
> been copied to each side.

now that is a problem for the isakmpd masochists ;)

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de