On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Marc Balmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> back in time (but not to long ago), I served 3000 email accounts for
> a Swiss multinational insurance company on a P133 with 32MB RAM.
>
> That is no big deal, however.  sendmail and any Unix like system
> can handle that without problem.

Until a few years back, all the emails for one of the most widely recognized
global brands went through 3 gateway servers (think 250k employees, and a
whole bunch of automatic notification emails) that were freebsd, sendmail,
and either dual ppro 200mhz or dual P2-400mhz.

softdep really helped them out :)

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk