* Marcus Andree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-03-18 12:31]:
> <snip>
> >  back in time (but not to long ago), I served 3000 email accounts for
> >  a Swiss multinational insurance company on a P133 with 32MB RAM.
> >
> >  That is no big deal, however.  sendmail and any Unix like system
> >  can handle that without problem.
> Agreed. People nowadays seem to wrongly associate email with
> Exchange Server bloatware.

well. it depends a LOT on your users' usage profile. I could not serve
our customers from such an old machine.
ok, the frontends are still 360MHz Sun netra t1s. But the storage
backend is a 14 disk raid5 of 15k RPM U320 drives, plus a 6 disk raid5 of
10k RPM U320 drives - and that is needed.

> It's amazing how little knowledge tech workers have about
> network protocols...

ack ack ack ack ack

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de