On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 08:43:56AM +0000, clifford bailey wrote:
> Thanks Daniel, I'll give that a go!
>
> I'm surprised no-one has come across this before, is pfstatd not widely
> used? I'm looking at using custom snmp traps to gather this information
> instead, but that also looks like a non-standard method. What do most
> people use for pf performance monitoring?
>

> Cliff.
>
> -snip

In our environment we parse the "pfctl -vv -s Interfaces -i <interface>"
output with a simpe 20+-line Perl script and feed that to rrdtool running
on another machine through ssh.

No need for a daemon to run on the firewall and Perl is already included
in the base install.

--
Egbert Krook
System/Network Engineer